ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The year 2020 will see the deadlines for various action items to take effect as established by the Paris Agreement, with the central aim of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change. More than 70 countries have committed to net zero carbon emissions by 2050; and more than 100 cities have done the same. In the face of a “climate emergency”, as declared by the European Parliament, it is now more critical than ever that all these actions be aligned and targeted towards limiting global warming to 1.5°C. Since 2004, SEE, which is a series of biennial conferences, has been serving as a forum for presenting recent progress and advances in science, technology and innovation that addresses energy, environment and climate change issues, and exchange of ideas and networking. SEE2020 is thus focused on sustainable innovation for accelerating solutions for climate actions in meeting the 1.5°C climate ambition and underpinning sustainable growth and development in the region and globally. The importance of innovation in supporting local actions will also be highlighted.
SEE 2020 will therefore serve as a forum for the exchange of information, knowledge and experiences, and networking opportunities in the field of renewable energy and smart energy systems, energy efficiency, low carbon technologies, smart city and transport, environmental and climate science, climate technology and innovation, circular economy, and energy and environmental policy. Potential contributors from academia, research organizations, government agencies and international institutions, and private sector practitioners are invited to submit papers in the areas of science, technology and policy, for oral and poster presentations at the conference.
KEYNOTE SPEAKERSPage in construction
Page in construction
Topic A: Bioenergy, biofuels, bio-refineries and bio-chemicals
Topic B: Renewable energy and smart energy systems
Topic C: Energy efficiency
Topic D: Other low carbon energy technologies
Topic E: Energy and environmental policy
Topic F: Climate technology and innovation
Topic G: Energy and non-energy related air pollution
Topic H: Waste and circular economy
CALL FOR ABSTRACTSGuidelines for abstract submission: Intending authors to SEE 2020 are invited to submit a one-page A4 abstract (in both MS word format and pdf) in English to the SEE 2020 Secretariat at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The authors should specify if the submission is to be considered for oral or poster presentation..
The abstract should not exceed 400 words in length, with a one-column and single line spacing format, and written using Times New Roman of 12-point font size. The authors are requested to include 5 Keywords. The authors also need to ensure that the abstract title and the authors’ details (full names, sequence of co-authors and affiliations) are correct since this information will be extracted for the SEE 2020 Conference Program and Book of Abstracts.
The abstract submission deadline is 30 April 2020 but early submissions are very much welcome. Abstracts submitted to SEE 2020 will be subjected to a peer-review process by the Technical Committee of the conference. Notification of acceptance will be given within 4 weeks after the submission date. Authors of the abstracts accepted for oral or poster presentation can choose to participate in the SEE 2020 as presenting author (oral/poster) with or without a full paper submission (full paper submission is optional).
FULL PAPER SUBMISSION
Page in construction
REGISTRATION/PAYMENTThe registration fee includes access to all technical sessions, all conference materials, luncheons, and coffee-breaks. The welcome dinner on 28 October 2020 is also included for international and local participants only. Authors MUST register for their abstracts/papers to be included in the conference schedule, program and book of abstracts, and proceedings. One (1) registration is valid for one (1) oral/poster presentation only.
Early Bird Registration
International and Non-JGSEE’s Consortium Students
JGSEE’s Consortium Students
- One (1) registration is valid for one (1) oral/poster presentation only. Any additional paper presentation will be charged of an extra paper fee of 50 USD [only one (1) extra paper will be allowed per one (1) registered presenter].
- For bank transfer, any bank processing fees are the responsibility of the sender.
- The registration fee includes all technical sessions, conference program and book of abstracts, electronic copy of the proceedings, all conference materials, luncheons, and coffee-breaks.
- Student(s) are requested to show the proof of student's status for registration.
- JGSEE’s Consortium students: Students from King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi, King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok, Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology at Thammasat University, Chiang Mai University and Prince of Songkla University.
- If the registered participant/student is unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome to replace him/her at no extra charge.
- All cancellations or refund request must be made in writing by email or fax to the SEE 2020 Secretariat.
- Fifty percent (50%) refund of the amount received by the secretariat as stated in the original receipt will be given to cancellations received on or before 15 September 2020. No refunds will be given for cancellations received afterwards.
- The refunds will be processed only after the conference.
- Credit card
Payment by credit card can be effectuated through the online system (log in and click "Go to pay" in the “Registration/Payment” menu)
- Bank transfer
Siam Commercial Bank PCL. King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi Branch
126 Prachauthit Road, Tungkru, Bangkok 10140, Thailand
A/C Name: The Joint Graduate School of Energy and Environment
A/C No. 237-220638-4
Swift code: SICOTHBK
For further inquiries regarding the registration fee payment, please contact the SEE 2020 Secretariat (e-mail: email@example.com).
VENUE/ACCOMMODATIONVenue: Le Méridien Chiang Mai
108 Changklan Rd, Chang Khlan, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2307 8888
Download: information about Le Méridien Chiang Mai
For those who wish to have an accommodation that is not at Le Méridien Chiang Mai, please feel free to select a hotel of your convenience nearby the venue of the conference.
Page in construction
SEE 2020 Secretariat
Partnership Relations and Outreach (PRO)
The Joint Graduate School of Energy and Environment,
King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi,
126 Prachauthit Road, Bangmod, Tungkru, Bangkok 10140 Thailand
Tel: +66(0)2 470 8309-10 ext. 4130, Fax: +66(02) 872 9805
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.see-conf.com